Reagent Manufacturing Internship, Bionano Genomics
Bionano Genomics is looking for a highly passionate and proactive individual with an understanding of life science landscape to join us for a Summer Internship among our Operations and Quality team. The Reagent Manufacturing Intern will be an integral member of the organization while gaining hands on la experience. This is a summer internship position located in our San Diego headquarters.
To apply for this position please email your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
At Bionano, you will partner with the Manufacturing Supervisor to review laboratory quality & operations programs and implement business process improvements. This is a great opportunity to come and work within a life sciences/genomics environment and gain exposure within the lab. Responsibilities will include hands-on laboratory preparation, testing, and troubleshooting of biological samples, analysis of DNA quality data, preparation of documentation to support findings, or test method development.
- The intern will be performing work under the supervision of a manager who will define weekly deliverables; meet monthly with a senior leadership mentor; participate in project team meetings and be responsible for documenting and presenting research findings.
- Assist and work alongside our Manufacturing Reagent Team to Release products/materials while:
- prepare control DNA
- perform quality control testing of prepared samples
- performing inspection of raw materials
- labeling released parts
- sorting by disposition (chips)
- electronic and hardcopy filing
- including Cetec ERP
- Kit verification at release:
- spot checking kits to verify contents
- Effectively communicate to senior management and project teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Skills and Education
- Full-time student pursuing an undergraduate degree in one of the following fields or related studies: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Genomics, or similar field
- Basic knowledge in biological processes and genomics
- Knowledgeable of basic lab procedures such as pipetting, weighing and measuring chemicals, basic lab safety procedures
- Attending school on a full-time basis before/following this internship
- Demonstrates integrity by treating all people fairly without favoritism
- Able to clearly communicate and present your ideas, methods, and results
- Results driven, able to meet targets/deadlines
- Capacity to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time, creative thinking ability
- Excellent written and oral communication, organizational, and analytical skills
- Very strong work ethic with confidence to work autonomously
- Highly motivated to succeed both individually and with a fast-paced company
Required Skills and Education
- Be enrolled in a bachelor’s level or equivalent program
- Written and spoken proficiency in English
- Experience in biotechnology and exposure to lab settings is a huge plus
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Bionano Genomics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. Bionano is committed to the principles of equal opportunity employment for all employees and to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Bionano are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Bionano will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and encourages applicants of all ages. Bionano participates in E-Verify.
Bionano Genomics does not accept resumes submitted by agencies. The Human Resources team is the focal point for all recruitment and hiring at the company. Agencies are asked not to contact or forward resumes to our Executive team, Management team, or any current Bionano employee for consideration. Resumes are only accepted from agencies if a signed agreement is in place and therefore Bionano Genomics is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.