Marketing Communications Intern
At Bionano Genomics®, we are committed to unlocking understanding of genome biology to advance the promise of genomics in areas including cancer and human disease, agricultural bioengineering and genome discovery. Our next-generation genome mapping and analysis tools help researchers see true genome structure to fill in what’s missing from sequencing-based data.
At Bionano, we are invested in the success of our customers and users around the world, and are dedicated to supporting them with the tools, resources and support they need to achieve their goals and make a real impact on improving quality of life for all.
We have a tremendous opportunity for a Marketing Communications Intern to jump in, roll up their sleeves and partner with a passionate organization who is known for loving the thrill of a challenge and working on new discoveries.
Are you an ambitious student with a marketing/communication orientated degree seeking a marketing internship that fosters growth and challenge?
Could you see yourself working in the heart of La Jolla, California the life sciences hub?
Are you passionate about social media, continuous learning and making an impact?
This is your opportunity to work side by side with a growing Global Marketing team. As the Marketing Communications Intern, you will directly work with the Marketing Programs Manager and VP of Global Marketing. You will also drive internal projects requiring coordination with other functions within the organization such as R&D, Sales Operations, Customer Support and Field Sales. Additionally, you will gain and apply knowledge about the market segments Bionano serves. This internship is about developing real world experience in a company that is an emerging leader in the Genomics market. If you are passionate about marketing communications and genomics look no further and apply today!
To apply for this position please email your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in developing marketing communications materials such as brochures, flyers, social media and print advertisements
- Administer and coordinate support for internal and external event planning (tradeshows, user meetings, sales meetings…)
- Improve Sales Force Dot Com processes for contact quality and profiling
- Track SFDC and Pardot metrics for campaign analysis and reporting of ROI on marketing activities
- Prepare monthly event dashboard to be shared with Commercial management team
- Track budget and purchase orders for marketing expenditures
Skills and Education
- Completion of a sophomore/junior/senior year towards a BS in Business, Marketing or a similar discipline is a must
- Some understanding of basic biology and willingness to learn more about our solutions is a plus
- Applicants with a Scientific degree will also be considered as long as the candidate can demonstrate the skills required
- Fluent English is a must (oral and written)
- Solid knowledge of standard Microsoft software suite
- Proficiency in the Adobe Design Suite is a plus
- Knowledge of HTML/web tools
- Highly motivated, extremely organized, with strong attention to detail
- Strong time management skills with ability to work under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are a must
- The ideal candidate must be a team player with the ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic team environment
- Willingness to learn new technologies and applications
Internship positions are from 6-12 months, or possibly longer depending on your academic schedule.
Flexible day shift hours are available between the hours of 8:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. Depending on the candidate’s availability you can work between 25 and 40 hours per week.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Bionano Genomics does not accept resumes submitted by agencies. The Human Resources team is the focal point for all recruitment and hiring at the company. Agencies are asked not to contact or forward resumes to our Executive team, Management team, or any current Bionano employee for consideration. Resumes are only accepted from agencies if a signed agreement is in place and therefore Bionano Genomics is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Bionano Genomics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. Bionano is committed to the principles of equal opportunity employment for all employees and to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Bionano are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Bionano will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and encourages applicants of all ages. Bionano participates in E-Verify.