At Bionano Genomics®, we are committed to unlocking understanding of genome biology to advance the promise of genomics in areas including cancer and human disease, agricultural bioengineering and genome discovery. Our next-generation genome mapping and analysis tools help researchers see true genome structure to fill in what’s missing from sequencing-based data.
At Bionano, we are invested in the success of our customers and users around the world, and are dedicated to supporting them with the tools, resources and support they need to achieve their goals and make a real impact on improving quality of life for all.
Are you a phenomenal Accounting Manager within life sciences who wants to come work in La Jolla, California and make a recognizable impact? We have an exciting opportunity for a customer focused and process-oriented Accounting Manager to come work for a medium sized startup, now a publicly traded company. This highly visible role reports directly to the Controller and CFO while interfacing with the Senior Leadership Team working diligently on accounting for equity-related transactions, revenue recognition, preparing consolidations, and drafting our financial statement filings. We look forward to hearing from you!
To apply for this position please email your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare quarterly equity compensation work papers to support equity and EPS footnotes
- Enter monthly, quarterly, and annual journal entries, as needed, into general ledger and prepare related reconciliations
- Prepare and/or review quarterly workpapers required for SEC financial filings
- Coordinate and facilitate inquiries and requests of the company’s external auditors
- Provide interpretation of new GAAP and SEC rules and regulations and their effect on the business
- Perform accounting research and document the company’s position in regard to complex accounting matters; Complete other tasks as requested, including ad-hoc analysis within accounting as needed while working with several different platforms
- Prepare Consolidated Balance Sheet, Consolidated Income Statement, Statement of Cash Flows, Statement of Stockholders’ Equity and Form 10-K and 10-Q support documents
- Assist with the preparation of other SEC filings (8-Ks and offering documents) in conjunction with external auditors regarding SOX Compliance
- Organize supporting documentation for quarterly reviews and year-end financial statement audit
Skills and Education
- 4-8 years relevant accounting, finance and or Public accounting experience (Big 4 preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Experience working with auditors and/or supporting the preparation of SEC Reports
- Excellent attention to detail, written & verbal communication and MS Excel skills
- Experience with ERP’s and accounting systems
- Ability to perform technical research in areas with little or no prior experience
- CPA’s; biotech/life sciences experiences preferred; international accounting a plus
- Accounting & financial principles, best practices for internal controls and supporting documentation
- Ability to manage concurrent projects, and enjoy working in a fun, fast paced, startup environment
- Works well independently and as part of a team
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Bionano Genomics does not accept resumes submitted by agencies. The Human Resources team is the focal point for all recruitment and hiring at the company. Agencies are asked not to contact or forward resumes to our Executive team, Management team, or any current Bionano employee for consideration. Resumes are only accepted from agencies if a signed agreement is in place and therefore Bionano Genomics is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Bionano Genomics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. Bionano is committed to the principles of equal opportunity employment for all employees and to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Bionano are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Bionano will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and encourages applicants of all ages. Bionano participates in E-Verify.