BIONANO GENOMICS INC. CONFERENCE GRANT PROGRAM
1. CONFERENCE GRANT PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: The Bionano Genomics Conference Grant Program (“Program”) will award grants (support for flights, accommodation, or in person or virtual meeting registration) to eligible life science researchers for 2019-2020. Entries will be accepted throughout the year through the online Conference Grant application. By submitting a conference grant application, each applicant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Bionano Genomics team (Bionano Genomics), which shall be final and binding in all respects.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Applicants must be individual persons who (a) will be age 18 or older at the time of conference ; (b) affiliated with a research laboratory or university. Bionano Genomics, its subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, sales representatives, and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively Program Entities) as well as the immediate family members and/or those persons living in the same households of the foregoing are not eligible to apply or win Bionano Conference Grant. This Program is void where prohibited by law.
3. HOW TO APPLY: To apply for Bionano Conference Grant, visit www.bionanogenomics.com/conferencegrant and follow all online directions to complete an application form. If selected as a potential conference grant recipient, you will be required to submit the official acceptance from the conference organizers. You may submit only 3 Applications in a fiscal year, using only one name and address. More than the aforementioned applications are prohibited and will cause that applicant to be disqualified. The Program Entities shall not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Program or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the applications in the Program. The Program Entities assume no responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. False, fraudulent and/or deceptive applications or acts shall render applicants ineligible for the Program.
4. CONFERENCE GRANT REVIEW PROCESS: Each eligible application will be reviewed and evaluated by a committee consisting of at least 5 internal employees with scientific backgrounds in R&D, technical support, program management, or in marketing and quality control. Conference grant recipients will be selected on the basis of those applicants who the committee determines best fit one. Bionano Genomics will attempt to notify the conference grant recipients within 3 weeks of their applications, via the contact information provided on the Application. Bionano Genomics shall have no liability for any notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by the potential conference grant recipient for any reason. If any potential conference grant recipient is found to be ineligible, or if he or she Bionano Genomics®, Saphyr®, Saphyr Chip®, and Bionano Access® are trademarks of Bionano Genomics Inc. All other trademarks are the sole property of their respective owners. For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures. © Copyright 2020, Bionano Genomics Inc. has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a conference grant for any reason prior to award, such potential recipient will be disqualified, and an alternate conference grant recipient may be selected.
5. CONFERENCE GRANTS: This Program will support with either conference, accommodation or registration or a combination as deemed appropriate by the internal review committee. All conference grants will either be arranged directly on behalf of the recipient by Bionano Genomics, or reimbursed to the recipient, or will be made directly to the college or university at which the recipient is enrolled, upon receipt of all documentation from the recipient necessary to process payment. Conference grant funds remaining at the end of the student’s college or university enrollment with the college or university holding the funds will be due and returnable to Bionano Genomics.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Limit one award per applicant. All details and other restrictions of conference grant not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Bionano Genomics in its sole discretion. All taxes (and the reporting consequences thereof) and any other fees or costs associated with the awards are the sole responsibility of the recipients. Each potential recipient, and recipient’s parent or legal guardian if potential recipient is a minor, may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and (where legal) a Publicity Release within seven (7) days of award notification, or the award may be forfeited in its entirety and an alternate winner may be selected. For each award being offered in connection with the Program, Bionano Genomics will successively attempt to contact up to three (3) potential recipients in accordance with such procedure, and if there is still no confirmed winner after such attempts have been made, the applicable award may go un-awarded. In the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, if a potential recipient cannot be reached via the contact information provided on his/her Application within two (2) days of the first attempt, or if the award or award notification is returned as declined, unclaimed or undeliverable, the award may be forfeited and an alternate recipient may be selected.
7. GENERAL RELEASE: The Program Entities assume no responsibility for any damage to an applicant’s computer system which is occasioned by accessing the Website or otherwise participating in the Program, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Bionano Genomics is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, stolen, or (if applicable) postage-due submissions or award notifications; or for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet Service Providers, web sites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, or difficulties, printing errors, clerical, typographical or other error in the offering or announcement of the award or in any award notification Bionano Genomics®, Saphyr®, Saphyr Chip®, and Bionano Access® are trademarks of Bionano Genomics Inc. All other trademarks are the sole property of their respective owners. For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures. © Copyright 2020, Bionano Genomics Inc. documents, or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. If, for any reason, the Program is not capable of running as planned, including, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Bionano Genomics which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Program, Bionano Genomics reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, suspend or extend the Program and, in the event of any termination or cancellation, select award recipients from among all eligible, non-suspect Applications received prior to the termination or cancellation.
9. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF APPLICANTS OR BIONANO GENOMICS IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROGRAM SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, U.S.A., WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OF CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS. As a condition of participating in this Program, each participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Program shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the state of California, U.S.A., having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive; incidental; or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Program), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
10. CONFERENCE GRANT RECIPIENTS LIST: The names of the conference grant recipients will be posted on Bionano Genomics website after all recipients have been verified. Additionally, recipients may be requested to sign a release agreeing to allow the Bionano Genomics to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, and/or city/state of residence by Bionano Genomics, or any party authorized by Bionano Genomics, for advertising and promotional purposes worldwide subject to applicable laws and other institution restrictions.
11. BIONANO GENOMICS: 9540 Towne Centre Drive, Suite 100, San Diego, CA 92121