Field Service Engineer – Germany/Benelux
BioNano Genomics is looking for a dedicated Field Service Engineer responsible for installation, maintenance and repair of BioNano Genomics systems in the field. Our revolutionary genome mapping platform, empowers researchers to gain a more complete picture of genome biology, including structural variation that current technologies fail to detect. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing genomics technology company. Successful FSE candidates will play a primary role in supporting Bionano’s platforms and contributing to the success of new products as they are released.
To apply for this position please email your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, repair, calibrate and perform preventative maintenance in the field
- Follows Logical troubleshooting and diagnoses issues in a timely manner for customer resolution
- Provide timely and accurate installation/maintenance reports
- Provide relevant customer information updates (including competitive intel) to FSE management.
- Engage in accurate utilization and maintenance of the company’s customer database (CRM).
- Participate in gap analysis of existing FSE tools and process, and feedback to FSE management
Skills and Education
- BA/BS or equivalent in engineering, with electronic/optical experience
- 2-5 years of supporting/designing capital equipment in Biotech or a related field.
- Experience in aligning laser optical systems.
- Must have good communication/writing skills and interact well with customers.
- Must have a valid driving license.
- Ability to travel up to 60%.
- A command of scientific knowledge would be an advantage.
- CompTIA A+ certification
- Basic networking and troubleshooting experience
- Based near major airport.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally be required to stand and/or move about the office. Specific vision abilities may be required by this job including close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.
The successful candidate will join a fast growing, innovative team that is developing cutting edge technologies in a fast paced, collaborative environment. They will contribute significantly to developing novel tools for genomic analysis as part of an interdisciplinary team that places emphasis on extraordinary achievement.
BioNano Genomics is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a positive, diverse and exciting work environment with competitive salary and benefits and the potential for career growth.
To apply for this position please email your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job code EMEA021.